|Place||Name||Characteristic in the rating|
|TOP 10 best spinning rods for twitching|
|one||Zenaq FOKEETO FC78-4 Twitch||The best choice|
|2||Lucky John Vanrex Twitching 21 LJVT-662MLEF||Most Popular Brand|
|3||Salmo Elite JIG N’ TWITCH, 4173-234||Maximum light weight|
|four||DAIWA GENERATION BLACK Twitching Stick 661 MHFS||The best combination of quality and price|
|5||Pontoon-21 GAD HARRIER HRS662MHF||Quality materials|
|6||Kaida Engage Twich||The longest spin|
|7||Norstream Rebel RBS-662M||The best replica of a popular brand|
|eight||KOSADAKA Roger Twich FH6S (STRGFH6S)||Large cork handle|
|9||FAVORITE Synapse Twitch Special SYST-702ML||Reliability and quality|
|ten||Aiko Oberon OBR632M||Buyers Choice|
Catching fish on a spinning rod, despite the presence of various fishing techniques, is based on 3 main elements — on wiring, on jerks and on a pause. All three elements can have different duration and intensity.
In this regard, the wiring can be:
- Monotonous, without the organization of jerks and pauses.
- Rhythmic, when the duration of jerks and pauses, as well as their intensity, are stable.
- Chaotic wiring involves the formation of pauses, as well as jerks of various duration and intensity.
The main task of the spinning player is to choose individually both the duration and the intensity. It should always be remembered that larger baits catch larger specimens of fish, while their game should be softer and non-aggressive. The use of smaller baits requires faster wiring and sharper jerks, but you should not count on catching large fish.
Twitching technique: popular beginner mistakes
TOP 10 blanks for boat twitching
For catching predatory fish from a boat, blank models are suitable, the length of which is in the range of 1.8-2 meters. It is inconvenient to fish from a boat with a longer rod. The most popular forms for boat twitching are:
- Croix Legend Elite LES66MF2 — sensitive, powerful and fairly light blank, the length of which reaches 1.98 meters. Spinning is suitable for twitching medium and small minnow wobblers of 60-90 sizes, allows you to perform high-quality jerky animation and uniform.
- Croix Avid AVS66MLF2. The length of the form is 1.98 meters. Reliable and functional spinning is distinguished by good balance and power. Even when using small lures, the animation is of high quality.
- Pontoon 21 Chaser 662MMHF. The length of the blank is 1.98 meters. This model allows you to use heavy baits for twitching up to size 110-130. The fittings are of high quality, the blank is sensitive.
- Major Craft Basspara BPS-662ML. Length — 1.98 meters. The model allows you to perform high-quality jerky animation. The balance is excellent, the blank is powerful.
- Favorite Laguna 16 LGS662M — economy class tackle, which is perfect for fishing a predator from a boat. Length — 1.98 meters. The handle is ergonomic, the blank is durable, the fittings are of good quality. The model pleases with increased sensitivity.
- Goss Caiman – a popular model of throwing and sensitive rod, which is ideal for boat twitching. A very sonorous blank, with excellent sensory and feel in the hand. For catching fish, you can use baits of light and medium weight.
- Zetrix Ardent. Length — 1.98 meters. The rod is fast, light and manoeuvrable. Tackle is actively used for twitching and jig fishing. The model allows you to qualitatively animate the bait within the test range.
- Crazy Fish Freedom force. Despite the fact that the length of the blank reaches 2.1 m, it can also be used for boat twitching. The sensor of powerful gear is quite high.
- Norstream Skald — light, rather rigid spinning, which allows you to animate lures with high quality. The model is perfect for sport fishing and for catching trophy specimens.
- Norstream Kando KDS-662L. The length of the rod is 1.98 meters. Sensitive tackle is distinguished by power, maneuverability and the ability to cast long distances. The model is equipped with Fuji VSS reel seat.
TOP 10 best spinning rods for coastal twitching
For twitching predator fishing from the shore, forms are suitable, the length of which is in the range of 2.1-2.4 meters.
If you plan to perform casts over long distances, you should give preference to longer gear. The most popular models of spinning rods for twitching, which are suitable for coastal fishing, include:
- Norstream Dynamic F1 DYFS-772MH — a durable form that allows you to work with spinners / wobblers, the mass of which does not exceed 38 grams. The rod is of good quality. Efforts to jerk are distributed evenly over the form. Spinning length — 2.31 meters.
- Exclusive Twitch Special. The length of the special twitching blank is 2.13 meters. During calm wiring, the bait makes smooth movements. Using an aggressive approach to animation, you can achieve chaotic movements of a wobbler / spinner, which will attract the attention of even a well-fed predator.
- Zemex Bass Addiction S-702M. The universal spinning model is used for twitching and jig fishing. Tackle, the length of which reaches 2.13 meters, is of high quality and durable. Cork handle.
- Black Hole Bass Mania EVA S-702M — light tackle with a fast action, the length of which is 2.13 meters. The cost of this model is acceptable for most anglers. The rod is powerful and quite rigid.
- Maximus Manic 20ML. The length of the blank is 2 m. Spinning Maximus is suitable for twitching baits, the weight of which does not exceed 25 grams. Build extra fast. The presence of an anti-tangle tulip and low weight are considered significant advantages of the model.
- Major Craft Rizer 832MH — a tackle that is suitable for fishermen who cast over particularly long distances. The length of the carbon fiber blank reaches 2.53 meters. The model is equipped with high-quality fittings.
- Norstream Provokator PRNS-702L — plug rod, the length of which is 2.13 meters. The build is very fast. The fittings are reliable, the form is of high quality, light and maneuverable.
- Croix 16′ Legend Elite ES70MF. Spinning length — 2.13 meters. Graphite blank allows you to perform high-quality jerky animation. Cork handle. The model differs in the increased sensitivity and power.
- Major Craft Dodger DGS-702ML. The model is equipped with an anatomical handle, which facilitates the process of jerky feeding of the bait. The tackle is sensitive and light. The fittings are of good quality. The Major Craft Dodger DGS-702ML is 2.13 meters long.
- Sportex Black Arrow. Spinning allows you to qualitatively animate wobblers / spinners of light and medium weight. The length of the blank is 2.10 meters. The manufacturer equipped the model with good quality fittings.
Advice! If you plan to fish for pike, it is worth installing a steel / Kevlar leash.
How to choose a good spinning rod for twitching:
Criteria by which a form for twitching is chosen
When choosing a spinning rod, it is recommended to pay attention not only to the cost, but also to other equally important criteria, which include:
- spinning handle.
See below for more details on these features.
The handle for twitching spinning should be ergonomic and comfortable
The bait during the animation must be constantly in motion and not fall through.
Therefore, spinning rods with fast and very fast action are suitable for twitching. It is better to refuse gear with a slow and medium action, because such a rod will not allow you to perform jerky wiring.
How forms of different structures bend under load
The length of the spinning rod for twitching fishing should be within 2-2.1 meters. A blank of this size is ideal for performing jerky animation and is considered universal.
However, when planning to catch a reservoir from the shore, it is better to give preference to tackle, the length of which reaches 2.4 meters. If the predator is fishing from a boat, you can use a blank, the length of which is 1.8-1.9 meters.
When choosing a spinning rod, you should pay attention to its weight. Performing a snatch animation with a heavy rod will cause fatigue. Hands will hurt and the fisherman is unlikely to be able to fully enjoy fishing. It is recommended to give preference to light models.
The blank handle is an equally important parameter that you should pay attention to when choosing tackle for twitching.
The rod should be such that the length of the handle does not exceed the length of the arm to the elbow. Too long handle clings to clothing and makes fishing uncomfortable.
It is better to give preference to models with a spaced handle, which makes the spinning easy to handle and increases sensitivity.
Spinning for twitching is used to perform jerky animation. It is important that the bait can be cast over a long distance. Animation must be of high quality.
If you choose the wrong rod test, the jerks will be intermittent. When choosing a blank, you should decide in advance on the size of the baits that you plan to use in the process of fishing. Standard spinning test for twitching: from 5 to 30 grams.
Important! The upper limit of the test should be overestimated by 10-15 percent, that is, if you plan to twitch large minnows of 110-130 sizes weighing up to 20 grams, then the spinning test 5-21, for example, will not be enough, you need to take a stick up to 30 grams.
The action should be Extra Fast (powerful butt and softer tip). Rationale — most of the quality wobblers used for twitching are American and Japanese. When twitching, foreigners tie a piece of fluorocarbon fishing line in front of a wobbler. When the bait is jerked, the line stretches and after the rod stops, the wobbler, as it were, is pulled forward by squeezing the stretched line and the correct game laid down by the manufacturer is obtained. In Russia, a cord is used for twitching, and a metal leash is placed in front of the wobbler. With a sharp jerk, there is nothing to stretch, so the game turns out to be wrong, too “tough”, not the same as the manufacturer intended. Therefore, supporters of the first opinion motivate their choice by the fact that after jerking the Extra Fast rod with the rod, the wobbler receives a “softer” acceleration and due to the slight straightening of the tip (because the soft tip cannot fully straighten with high resistance of the wobbler), it slightly “brings » bait. The result is a line that is ideal for twitching American and Japanese lures.
Budget spinning rods for twitching: TOP 10 cheap blanks
Not every angler is ready to pay a large amount for a separate spinning rod for twitching. However, you can buy good gear for a very reasonable price. Below you can see the rating of the best budget forms for twitching:
- Norstream Rebel 662ML — tackle that most accurately responds to every movement of the fisherman. Large minnow wobblers and lures with blades located in the front area are best suited for working with this model. The length of the blank is 1.98 meters, which allows you to fish the reservoir not only from the shore, but also from a boat.
- Salmo Elite X-Twitch 180. The length of the tackle reaches 1.8 meters. The carbon blank is equipped with an EVA handle. Spinning is light, fast, maneuverable. Biting casts will attract the attention of even a passive predator.
- Favorite Extreme 702MH — a popular blank for twitching, which allows you to work with baits, the mass of which reaches 10-45 grams. Thanks to the extra fast action, the casts are snappy. The tension is distributed evenly on the tackle.
- Black Hole Bassmania – a blank ideal for aggressive twitching. Models with different lengths and dough go on sale. The tackle is made of high-modulus composite.
- GAD Gancho — a fairly powerful rod that allows you to use minnow wobblers up to size 110. The graphite blank is equipped with high-quality fittings and a reel seat. The GAD Gancho is 2.13 meters long.
- Hearty Rise Evolution. The universal model is actively used for twitching and jig fishing. The tip of the rod is sensitive. Tackle is sending, flexible, maneuverable. Its length is 2.3 meters.
- Lucky John Vanrex Twitching 28 LJVT-662MEF — a budget model equipped with high-quality access rings. The reel seat is reliable, the handle is pleasant to the touch. The length of the blank reaches 1.98 meters.
- Absolute Favorite — a popular model with good access rings and a comfortable handle. Tackle allows you to cast long distances and catch a predator on heavy baits. The length of the form is 1.98 meters.
- Zemex Spider Pro — ultralight budget model, made of high quality material. The rod is characterized by increased sensitivity, maneuverability. The length of the form is 2.1 meters.
- Major Craft BassPara — a model that will please with high-quality assembly, reliable fittings. The handle is split. The blank works great with baits, the weight of which does not exceed 10 grams. Major Craft BassPara is 1.99 meters long.
These models will please the angler with ease and good quality.
How to choose a spinning rod for twitching different types of wobblers from small to 110-130 minnow models, types of twitch sticks:
What distinguishes these rods from others
The main difference between twitching spinning and rods for other types of fishing is the presence of a rigid blank. It allows you to timely control the game of the bait and immediately respond to bites.
Among other differences:
- Small length. Since the fisherman during jerky wiring often has to move from place to place along the coast to search for and catch promising areas of the reservoir. For this reason, it will not be convenient to use long-range tackle.
- A light weight. It is also due to the activity, dynamism of jerk wires.
- The ability to withstand high loads without harm to equipment.
IMPORTANT! Using a minnow class wobbler as a bait, the fisherman will be able to control the jerk step only if there is a hard tackle.
TOP 5 spinning rods for twitching — editors’ choice
When choosing tackle, fishermen ask themselves which model is considered the most popular and high-quality today. The top 5 spinning rods for twitching, in our opinion, include the following blanks:
- Norstream Favorite II — a popular twitching rod, which is of high quality. The tackle is light, maneuverable and sensitive. Its length reaches 2.44 meters. The handle is made of neoprene. The cost is acceptable for most anglers.
- Favorite Neo Breeze 762M. The length of the universal spinning rod for jig and twitching is 2.3 meters. Spinning allows you to perform high-quality animation. The presence of high-quality Japanese fittings and a reliable reel seat can be attributed to the significant advantages of the model. Cork handle.
- Graphiteleader Vigore. Length — 2.31 meters. The rod is made of carbon fiber and equipped with high quality fittings. Tackle perfectly copes with powerful jerks of large prey.
- Croix Legend Elite. Length — 2.13 m. The form is fast, the handle is ergonomic. The rod is equipped with reinforced guides and a reliable reel seat.
- Anre’s/Palms Jetta . The action of this model is fast, the length of the rod reaches 1.98 meters. The blank will perfectly cope with stubborn baits. The handle is comfortable spaced apart. The holder is reliable.
Buying a spinning rod for twitching is a responsible process. It is important to take the purchase seriously and during the choice pay attention not only to the cost, but also to such important criteria as the length, action and weight of the rod.
For any spinning, the balance of the blank with the reel is important.
Properly selected spinning will allow you to perform high-quality wiring, which will make it possible to interest the fish in playing the bait.