How is an umbrella made?
To begin with, let’s look metaphorically into the book «I want to know everything» and understand the structure of the umbrella. In fairness, it should be noted that since the creation of the first umbrella (the first closing umbrella was invented in China a couple of thousand years ago), it received a constructive change only in the 19th century, when it acquired steel spokes that bent when the umbrella was unfolded, forming a dome, and folded, turning an umbrella in a kind of ordinary cane. Another milestone was the creation of a folding umbrella in the 70s of the last century.
Explanation of symbols: 1. Dome tip 2. Umbrella frame/frame 3. Dome 4. Spoke 5. Spoke tip 6. Shaft 7. Handle 8. Slider 9. Support spoke 10. Canopy closing spring 11. Opening and closing button
To choose a high-quality umbrella, you need to pay attention to the material of the spokes, the dome (its size also matters) and the frame, the shape and material of the handle, the folding method and, of course, the design. The assortment of «Project 111» includes more than five hundred models of umbrellas, for every taste and budget. So which umbrella is better to choose?
The most important thing when choosing an umbrella is to make sure that it is reliable so that it does not fall apart during the first heavy rain. Of course, its appearance matters, but what is more important is how durable it is. It is also worth considering the size of the umbrella, the material from which it was made, and ease of use.
There are not so many quality umbrellas as it seems. In order not to be mistaken, we recommend purchasing one of the models presented in the rating — you definitely won’t be able to find a better option.
Cane or folding?
Both types have advantages. Cane umbrellas are a classic option, they look stylish and “in English”, due to their simple design they are more wind resistant, which means they are durable and reliable.
The main advantage of folding models is compactness. There can be from three to six folds, depending on the size of the umbrella when folded — more folds minimize the size. But this does not mean at all that they will break at the first gust of wind. For example, folding umbrellas of the Knirps and Doppler brands are distinguished by a high degree of strength, as well as wear resistance. Strength tests are carried out in a wind tunnel where wind speeds reach 100 km/h. As a result, umbrellas of this brand can withstand almost any wind and bad weather.
For example, the miniature folding umbrella 811 X1 Knirps weighs only 321 grams, but at the same time it has increased strength, has been tested in a wind tunnel and has a wind protection system. It is provided with flexible spokes and a 12-gauge stem for protection from strong winds. The aesthetic component of the model also did not go unnoticed — the umbrella is the owner of the Red Dot Design Award.
Poll: the best folding umbrellas for women
What folding umbrellas for women would you choose or would you advise to purchase?
Xiaomi MiJia Automatic Umbrella
9.76% ( 4 )
Xiaomi Two or Three Sunny Umbrella Black
0.00% ( 0 )
Knirps T.010 Small Manual MODERN BLUE 9530107051
0.00% ( 0 )
Samsonite Alu Drop S
0.00% ( 0 )
Knirps T.200 Duomatic
4.88% ( 2 )
19.51% ( 8 )
0.00% ( 0 )
2.44% ( 1 )
Samsonite Up Way
4.88% ( 2 )
14.63% ( 6 )
9.76% ( 4 )
Good buy YS01
9.76% ( 4 )
Opening and closing system
This is also an important criterion for choosing an umbrella, because it is directly related to the reliability of the design and ease of use. As you know, umbrellas are mechanical, semi-automatic and fully automatic.
Mechanical umbrella opens and closes manually. Semi-automatic allows you to open the dome by pressing a button, but you have to close it manually. Most often, cane umbrellas are semi-automatic.
At the automatic umbrella, the opening and folding of the dome occurs with the help of a button. Moreover, this option applies only to the dome — the stem does not fold when closing, and the folded dome must be pulled up to the handle of the umbrella manually so that the addition is complete. Gifts.ru presents umbrellas of all three types.
Style and color
The chosen umbrella should be combined with the general style of its owner and complement his appearance. For a business person, the classic version of an umbrella of soft, calm tones is better suited. Equally important is its quality. For romantic natures, umbrellas with appropriate images are suitable: flowers, landscapes, animals. The look of fans of retro style will perfectly complement the vintage umbrella.
The choice of color is determined by the personal preferences of the owner. Younger people tend to prefer brightly colored umbrellas, while older people prefer calmer tones. Representatives of the stronger sex choose classic dark shades — black, brown, gray.
Spoke and frame material
To create umbrellas, several basic types of materials and their combinations are now used. The most inexpensive and common — iron or steel. Products made from these materials can be chrome-plated — then the stem or spokes will have a bright metallic sheen, galvanized — then the color will be dull and matte, or painted, usually black.
Also in the production of umbrellas often use aluminum. The logic is clear: due to its low density, it has a low specific gravity. Accordingly, an umbrella with aluminum structural elements, other things being equal, will have less weight than its «iron» counterpart. This means it will be easier to carry in a small handbag or even a pocket, as well as in your favorite travel backpack when every gram of weight counts. An additional advantage of aluminum is its flexibility with a sufficiently high strength. Also, let’s not forget that aluminum is not subject to corrosion, respectively, the commodity and aesthetic properties of the umbrella will last longer.
The next commonly used material in the production of umbrellas is fiberglass. Literally, the term «fiberglass» means fiberglass. In fact, about 70% of the composition of this material is a fibrous base along with epoxy. Fiberglass, like many polymers, is not very susceptible to aging, while being lightweight and retains color well. But its lightness in a good way is deceptive — the strength of this material is comparable to the strength of steel, and the spokes from it are able to withstand a hurricane wind. By the way, high-quality parts for classic umbrellas from the «trendsetters of the rain» — English manufacturers — are made from fiberglass.
After all, the ability of the spokes to bend, not deform in gusts of wind, or quickly return to their original shape is a key indicator of the durability of the umbrella, and here fiberglass has a hundred points out of a hundred. Not only spokes are made of fiberglass, but also the stem: this is especially true for cane umbrellas, because the weight of the stem is half the weight of the umbrella. The fiberglass stem greatly simplifies the design.
Another item that should not be overlooked is carbon. As a worthy representative of carbon fiber, it retains the key properties of these composite materials — lightness, elasticity and bending strength. Most often, carbon is used to make spokes, and it will be quite difficult to break such a spoke.
To choose a good umbrella, it is better to choose a model in which these materials complement each other — for example, a lightweight fiberglass handle and carbon spokes, or aluminum combined with fiberglass.
- Umbrella folding Unit Article: 5917
How to choose a rain umbrella — instructions for fashionistas and lovers of quality
It will protect on a rainy day, and on a sunny day it will give shade! Of course, we are talking about an umbrella — an indispensable accessory for every season.
A women’s umbrella is not just a beautiful accessory; once in a purse, it reliably protects from rain and wet snow, allowing you to keep your hair, makeup and clothes in a presentable form. How to choose an umbrella so that it combines practicality, reliability, originality, convenience, durability, lightness, and also highlights its mistress on a gray rainy day against the background of the crowd?
- How to choose the right umbrella for several years
- Overview and comparison of opening-closing mechanisms
- Rod and knitting needles — what you should pay attention to
- «Antiveter» — advertising and reality
- Quality material — durable umbrella
- Variety and features of pens
- Size and shape matter
- Types of umbrellas — which one suits you
- How to choose an umbrella according to your appearance
- Five tips for a successful purchase
How to choose the right umbrella for several years
To choose the right umbrella, you need to pay attention not only to its appearance, you can not buy the first one that comes across just because it fits your autumn raincoat.
Overview and comparison of opening-closing mechanisms
All folding umbrellas are divided into three main types of mechanisms:
- full automatic;
mechanical umbrella is a mechanism that must be opened and closed manually. You should not immediately dismiss this option when buying, since these disadvantages are both advantages, because the absence of a mechanism implies ease of use and reliability. Unlike other umbrellas, mechanical options break much less often and last much longer.
Full automatic — this is an umbrella that differs from other mechanisms in the main quality — ease of use. The fully automatic umbrella opens and closes with just one push of a button, which is located on the handle.
automatic umbrella is the most popular among women, because it is very convenient, for example, when you need to quickly jump into a crowded transport with a dozen packages in your hands, you just need to press a button and you are no longer in danger of pricking your neighbors, as the dome turns into a compactly folded ladies’ accessory.
semi-automatic umbrella It has a mechanism that opens with the push of a button and closes manually. Due to the fact that the button only folds the umbrella canopy, and the stem has to be folded manually, and sometimes it takes effort, semi-automatic umbrellas are becoming less and less popular.
Naturally, it is not quite correct to compare mechanical models with auto- and semi-automatic «brothers». Each customer, before choosing a quality umbrella, will have to make her own choice in accordance with her own lifestyle.
For those who love appearance and elegance, as well as lead a measured lifestyle and love long leisurely walks, it is better to take a mechanical option. Women who prefer activity, are always in the thick of things and appreciate convenience, will undoubtedly choose compact and easy-to-use automatic or semi-automatic women’s umbrellas.
Rod and knitting needles — what you should pay attention to
If you are going to buy an umbrella, it is important to clarify what material the spokes and the core of the model you like are made of.
Aluminum — it is beautiful because umbrellas with knitting needles made of it are very light, and this is a plus for any woman, because no one wants a heavy rain umbrella to take up part of the space in a lady’s handbag. Unfortunately, the aluminum spokes are fragile, with strong gusts of wind such a women’s umbrella can turn inside out and a wet hostess is unlikely to be able to fold it quickly into its original form!
steel spokes say that it is a durable umbrella. A woman who decides to buy an umbrella with steel spokes can be sure that it will last a long time, will not turn out even with strong gusts of wind. However, steel is a rather heavy metal, so it must be borne in mind that such a rain protector will noticeably weigh down a handbag.
Fiberglass — the material looks like plastic, in itself is quite durable, but at the same time soft. Umbrellas with fiberglass ribs are lightweight and their canopy does not turn inside out when strong winds blow. There are no disadvantages of such umbrellas as such, except that the cost of them may be higher than that of other umbrellas.
To choose a durable umbrella, do simple arithmetic — count how many knitting needles your favorite model has, if their number less than eight, then such an accessory will be short-lived. The more mounts and spokes, the greater the likelihood that the umbrella will last longer!
It is also worth paying special attention to the rod; for folding models, it can consist of 2-5 sections. If you are planning to buy a folding umbrella, then do not be shy — open it right away in the store and shake it a little, pay attention to how the parts of the rod connected to each other behave in this case. If the rod at the junctions trembles, then such an umbrella will not be strong in use.
In addition, a metal cover should be installed in the place where the rod is attached to the dome, if it is made of plastic, then soon such a cover can easily break when it comes into contact with the floor.
«Antiveter» — advertising and reality
Many manufacturers indicate on the label the presence of an «anti-wind» system, promising that such an umbrella will withstand any storm. It is assumed that the anti-storm umbrella will bend in the opposite direction in the wind, but the spokes will remain intact.
The secret lies not in strength, but in flexibility — springs built into the curves of the spokes allow the parts to bend not in one, but in both directions. To return the dome to the desired shape, it is enough to close it and open it again. Important: do not try to bend the knitting needles with your hands!
The spokes in anti-wind models are made of steel or fiberglass. The aluminum frame is unable to withstand wind gusts of more than eight meters per second. The fastening of the spokes is done with a groove up in several places — the more often, the stronger the protector from bad weather will be.
Quality material — durable umbrella
A significant role in the question of how to choose a good umbrella is played by the fabric from which it is made:
- nylon gives a short-lived color, gets wet quickly, sometimes “shrinks” after a long walk in the rain, but this is a fairly cheap fabric;
- polyester with special impregnation — good to use, has a wide variety of colors, but if you “run into” an unscrupulous manufacturer, then such impregnation can easily be washed off and the umbrella will let water through;
- pongee — this is the same polyester, but with a cotton content, it is beautiful in that raindrops roll off the surface instantly and the dome remains almost dry;
- fabric with special Teflon impregnated — this is the best option if you choose a quality umbrella, the only negative of the material is that it is expensive.
Regardless of which fabric you choose, the material must be securely attached to the needles. In addition to high-quality firmware, the fabric, if it is, of course, the right umbrella, is fixed with special caps.
Variety and features of pens
What does a person do to use an umbrella? That’s right — take it in hand. It will depend on how comfortable it is for a woman to hold an umbrella in her hand, and it will depend on whether it is worth considering the model she likes further or not. If the handle is uncomfortable in your hand, then it makes no sense to force yourself on this model, look at other options.
Umbrella handle can be made:
- from plasticwhich unfortunately breaks easily when dropped or carelessly used;
- tree — it feels great in the hand, but it is immediately important to check such a pen for cracks and the quality of the paint, it is not uncommon that when wet, bad paint stains the palm and completely peels off;
- rubber — the most reliable option that a rain umbrella can have.
Size and shape matter
At first glance, it may seem that all umbrellas differ only in color, but each model has its own dome diameter and a different shape. Just the shape of the umbrella determines how many drops of rain will touch your clothes, and how many will fall into a puddle.
- the traditional shape of a saucer, which is standard for almost all folding models;
- the domed version is wonderful because such an umbrella will surely save its owner and hide from all natural disasters, covering the face, shoulders and hair, but such models most often belong to not very compact canes;
- square, triangular and other figure-shaped varieties of ladies’ umbrellas — differ from each other in the shape of the design of the edge of the dome, not all of them are convenient to use, but they can perfectly complement a certain outfit and look very original.
As for the diameter of the dome, it can vary from 52 cm and above, of course, you need to understand that the larger the size, the more space the accessory will take up when folded.
Types of umbrellas — which one suits you
By type, umbrellas are divided into:
- folding, these are models that can be folded several times, they can be of various sizes. Among them are compactoccupying only a small piece of space in a woman’s handbag;
- cane umbrellas — elegant, but rather bulky options that are perfect for those women who like to walk slowly through the streets in the rain or carry a rain protector with them in the car.
The best option for a stylish woman is to buy a cane umbrella for leisurely pastime outside in rainy weather and a folding umbrella that takes up little space, but at the same time will be an indispensable assistant in case of a sudden rain!
How to choose an umbrella according to your appearance
Many women delve into how to choose a quality rain umbrella, but do not think about how the accessory will go with their appearance. In fact, as when choosing a bag, a certain shade of an umbrella, its size and even shape can both emphasize the advantages of its owner and show everyone her shortcomings. Follow simple rules when choosing an umbrella and then you will surely be satisfied with it:
For tall slender women Umbrellas canes are a wonderful accessory, which emphasize the beauty of the figure. Tall ladies are not afraid of a wide and deep dome, if you are uncomfortable with cane umbrellas, then choose an automatic version with a large diameter.
Short girls, as well as owners of appetizing forms, it is better to avoid too large umbrellas, because, making their way through the crowd, a short lady with a wide dome will have to hook more than a dozen passers-by, which can cause a lot of inconvenience. How to choose an umbrella for short women? Yes, it’s very easy to opt for the model that, when opened, will not look huge, but at the same time will be able to reliably hide the fullness and you from the weather with a deep dome.
To beautiful representatives of the weaker sex, possessing soft light skin it is better not to opt for women’s umbrellas with green, blue or purple colors, as such colors will make the face painfully pale. It is better to pay attention to bright models or classic black.
Yes mom with big features you should not pay attention to umbrellas with a sweeping three-dimensional ornament, as this can only emphasize a large nose or a wide forehead.
Five tips for a successful purchase
- When purchasing an umbrella, do not rush and grab the first one that comes to hand, ask the seller to tell you about the materials from which the accessory you like is made. You can also read all the necessary information yourself in the booklet or label, which must be at the product.
- Open and close the mechanism at least five times, if the mechanism sticks, you see that some parts are hanging, threads are sticking out or there are suspicious spots, do not agree to the seller’s offer — cut, tighten, fix everything in place and purchase this copy. Don’t waste your money on a poor quality product!
- Pay special attention dometo check it for damage — point the umbrella at the light, if there is a tiny hole there — you will immediately notice it. The needles must be fastened firmly, do not hang out and not be bent. Conduct an elementary test — wipe the surface of the umbrella with a snow-white paper handkerchief, if it remains white and does not stain — this is a good sign, otherwise there is a chance that the product may peel off after the first rainfall on it.
- Think in advance how you plan to wear an umbrella from the rain, if on your hand, then it is necessary that the handle has a comfortable, preferably strong leather strap that neatly wraps around your wrist. When being in a purse in the car, it is important that it has a high-quality cover that will protect it from pollution.
- When choosing an automatic or semi-automatic mechanism, it is better to pay special attention to the button with which the umbrella opens and closes, it should not jam or sink.
Umbrella manufacturers try to come up with some unusual design for women for each rainy season: rhinestones, fabric that changes color when wet, a variety of shapes — all this is done so that stylish women can pamper themselves in inclement weather.
It may be advisable to choose a new umbrella for a certain style of clothing, eye color, mood, so that it matches with a jacket, rubber boots and a type of handbag, but the most important answer is that this important accessory should be to your liking! Good luck choosing!
The author helped to choose a good umbrella: Kurakhmaeva Irina Nikolaevna
Dome material and size
What is the best umbrella material? — one of the most common questions when choosing umbrellas. Let’s go through the materiel so that the choice is easy and conscious. Initially, nylon was used to make umbrellas, but now this material has faded into the background and is practically not used. Instead, a less durable, but more affordable polyester — it has good water-repellent properties and UV resistance, which means it is less prone to fading.
There are two main types of weaves used in the production of umbrella fabrics — these are taffeta and pongee. The term «taffeta» is most likely familiar to you from raincoats — when sewing them, fabric with this type of weave is also used. It is smooth, sometimes to a shine, it depends on the density of the fabric, which we will talk about later in the article. Polyester with pongee weave type is a more velvety, matte, “noble” fabric.
- Umbrella stick Standard Article: 12393
Even in the production of umbrellas, fabrics such as satin and jacquard. They are also made of polyester, and the name, as in the case of pongee and taffeta, indicates the type of weave. Satin is smooth and silky, it is often used for making printed umbrellas, it well emphasizes the brightness of the pattern. Monochrome umbrellas are usually made from jacquard with an emphasis on the beauty of a kind of “ornament” created by a special weave of threads.
- Folding umbrella doubleDub, dark blue Article: 12063.30
Another important parameter that you should pay attention to when choosing an umbrella is the density of the fabric.
Umbrella manufacturers often indicate a numerical value with the letters T or D (190T or 75D). In fact, both of these parameters are only part of the value that determines the density of the tissue. A full description of the density will look like 190T / 75D, where the T value means the number of threads per square centimeter, and D is the thread thickness. In most cases, in the manufacture of umbrellas, fabric with a density of 190T / 75D is used, therefore, for simplicity, only one parameter is used.
What kind of umbrella does the customer need: small and compact for everyday use or wide to accompany a VIP person? To accurately select a model for a request, you need to take into account the diameter of the dome.
The standard diameter of the dome is 100 cm: this size is enough for one or two people. By the way, the division into women’s and men’s umbrellas is gradually becoming archaic: both in size and design, everyone is free to choose an umbrella to their liking and without regard to gender.
There are also more compact options with a dome diameter of about 90 cm. Such an umbrella, as a rule, is very compact, weighs little, and easily fits into a backpack or bag. Comfortable model for one person or a child.
- Folding umbrella Hogg Trek Article Number: 3434
Umbrellas with a dome diameter of 115 cm or more are designed for two or more people. Models of this size are sometimes referred to as security umbrellas, as they are often used to accompany VIPs.
- Cane umbrella oldCourse, black Code: 7676.30
Optimal umbrella model
About which umbrella is more convenient, be guided by your personal preferences.
The optimal umbrella model can have the following parameters and characteristics:
- full automatic in three additions;
- the core and the beginning of the spokes are made of steel, the ends of the spokes are made of fiberglass;
- polyester dome;
- dome size approximately 100 cm;
- there is an Antiwind system;
- a waterproof cover is attached to the umbrella (a wet umbrella can be compactly packed and taken with you to a room or transport).
Umbrella handles vary in size and material. What is important here: the convenience of location in the hand, tactile sensations and appearance. Most often they are made of plastic, smooth or soft-touch coated, wood and leather. The shapes also differ: for canes, the J-shaped handle is classic, but there are both straight and fancy ones.
For folding umbrellas, straight small handles with a brush loop are usually used. Also, the loop is convenient for drying an umbrella: it is necessary to dry a folding umbrella correctly in a half-open, suspended state.
The umbrella consists of a rod with knitting needles attached to it, on which a water-repellent material is stretched. A handle is designed to hold the device in the hand.
The rod of the folding model has from two to five additions. The fewer additions, the larger the umbrella. The bifold rod is more often made for men, it is difficult to place it in a women’s bag due to its large size. It is made from several types of materials:
- Of steel;
- Made of aluminium;
- From modern plastic.
The most reliable is made of steel. Other materials also have advantages. When buying, attention is drawn to the articulation of parts. If the rod is movable at the articulation points, then it is advisable to refuse the acquisition. This option will not last long, it will quickly break under the influence of wind. It can be smooth or multifaceted. From the point of view of physics, the second option is stronger.
Knitting needles are attached to the rod, usually no more than sixteen. The larger, the smoother the dome will be, and the structure will be stronger and more resistant to the wind. Spokes are made:
- From steel — the most durable, withstand gusts of wind, but make the structure heavier;
- Made of aluminum — soft, do not withstand our winds, but light and compact;
- Made of fiberglass — if the rod is steel, then this is the most successful option — light, durable and compact.
In a good umbrella, the spokes are attached with the smooth side to the fabric and there should be as many attachment points as possible. If this is a children’s model, then a safety device is installed at the end of each knitting needle.
The material for the dome should be a fabric that provides the main function — protection from the vicissitudes of the weather. The quality of the fabric affects the cost of the product. For the manufacture of domes, four types of material are used:
- Pongee is made from cotton and polyester. Drops of water roll off without being absorbed. Even when closed, it dries in five minutes. Used for expensive items.
- Satin is another expensive material. The fabric is impregnated with a water-repellent composition. Strong and wear resistant.
- Polyester is a synthetic fiber that dries quickly and does not fade. Under mechanical action, it breaks at the points of attachment to the frame.
- Nylon is the cheapest option. Easily damaged, dries for a long time, sheds. In light solid colors, it is used for protection from the sun.
Folding umbrellas have a different mechanism of action. According to the methods of opening and closing, they are divided into several categories:
- Mechanical closes and opens manually. This is an old mechanism, reliable and easy to operate. This accessory lasts forever. Often used by manufacturers.
- Semi-automatic — opens with the push of a button, the rod must be extended and retracted, as well as the canopy must be folded manually.
- Automatic — with one click on the button, the rod extends and the umbrella opens.
- Automatic double — by pressing the button, the umbrella opens and closes. Often breaks due to difficulty in management. When choosing such a mechanism, it is recommended to carefully choose a reliable manufacturer.
I like Magic and vice versa: unusual umbrellas
Rain protection can be not only utilitarian, but also creative. Handles and dome materials are subject to creative rethinking and processing, color, its play or even absence can be used. For example, the beauty of the Magic and Tracery umbrellas is revealed precisely in the rain: on the dome, patterns appear under the drops.
And Unit Style — the umbrella is the opposite, the umbrella is inside out. Folding up after rain, it hides the wet surface in itself, while the dry remains outside. To dry it, you can not only hang it by the handle, like ordinary umbrellas, but also put it directly on the floor in a semi-folded state. The result is soft gentle drying and a minimum of space occupied by a wet umbrella. Bonus: you can brand both the inner and outer domes.
The Fiber Move AC umbrella cane with a contrasting asymmetric canopy provides additional protection from rain and splashes, and through the transparent canopies of the Clear and Glare Flare umbrellas, you can admire the rain “to the music of silver spokes” and catch the rainbow.
You can choose an umbrella with a spectrum of colors or with a green leaf print, an umbrella bag so that you don’t stuff it wet into a narrow case, an umbrella with a carabiner handle for easy hanging, or a model with a reflective dome.
If the umbrella is chosen correctly, this is not a guarantee that it will last a long time. For a long service life, you need to pay attention to caring for it:
- Dry your umbrella without a cover. The best position for this is half-open, in the open the fabric is subjected to excessive tension;
- After drying, fold the umbrella and put it away for storage;
- Sometimes the umbrella needs to be washed, in a half-closed state, by hand with soapy water. Do not use acetone or other harsh chemical solutions to clean the umbrella.
- Pay attention to where and how you carry your umbrella. If it is at the bottom of a backpack, bag or package, the spokes can be deformed from the weight of things.
It’s a brand!
The assortment of Project 111 includes both legendary global brands with a history: Samsonite, Fare, Doppler, Knirps, as well as relatively young European, Asian and Russian mono- and multi-brands, focusing on non-standard shapes and materials that allow you to create a total look — for example, brand of goods for outdoor activities Stride or elegant and aristocratic accessories by Matteo Tantini. If you love designer prints, you should consider the trendy capsule collections from Printessence.
Umbrella branding options also have their own nuances, but in general, on the site you can choose umbrellas or make gift sets with them for almost any budget and task, including custom-made ones.
Now that you have expert information on the shapes, materials, designs and additional options of these indispensable wardrobe items for people and brands, it’s time to choose gifts.ru umbrellas.
The main theses of the article can be.
Some tips for choosing
Knowing the structure of the umbrella and the properties of the materials from which it is made, you can go to the store. Conscientious sellers will draw the attention of the buyer to the important positive aspects of the product and note the shortcomings. Otherwise, the buyer himself is able to apply some recommendations when choosing.
- It is advisable to clarify what the umbrella is made of, how many spokes are available, and the composition of the fabric of the dome. It depends on practicality and durability.
- The folded size and weight are specified. It depends on the ease of use.
- It is necessary to open the umbrella and find out the strength of the articulation of the rod, the ease of control with the assembly system and consider the points of attachment of the knitting needles to the fabric, their number (should be, the more the better).
- The fabric is checked for defects.
- The handle should be comfortable and fit entirely in your hand, otherwise it will be uncomfortable to hold the umbrella, and a gust of wind can tear it out of your hands.
Proper drying of the device after use contributes to a long service life. It is not recommended to put a cover on a wet product or leave an umbrella wet for a long time. If the operating and drying conditions are violated, the fabric of the dome wears out, and the metal base becomes rusty.
✔ To dry the accessory, open the umbrella and leave it in this position for a while until the water drains.
✔ It is important that there are no heat sources near the umbrella. Drying near radiators, space heaters and other heat sources will shrink the fabric.
✔While the fabric is still damp, fold the dome and the rod, but do not twist the material and do not snap the tab — complete drying occurs in a half-open form. To do this, hang the product on a hook.
✔ When the material is dried in a stretched form, it is stretched, which contributes to the loosening of the frame. As a result, the fabric sags, and the accessory loses its attractive appearance.
✔After drying is completed, the accessory is folded, the fabric is fixed around the base with a strap, and a cover is put on top.