The modern market offers a wide range of home video system kits that can increase the limited capabilities of the TV and provide viewing of popular films. However, after the purchase, some experience difficulties with installation, and the problem of how to connect a home theater to a TV remains unresolved.
Home video system connection sequence
In order for all the components of a home cinema to function properly, they must be connected correctly. First of all, you should study the connection diagram of the video and audio system, which is included in the general package. As a rule, this is a receiver, speakers and a subwoofer. The connection algorithm is simple and consists of several stages.
Step 1. Connecting the receiver to the TV
Almost all LCD, LED, Ultra-HD and plasma TVs are equipped with modern standard connectors, which allows you to connect various multimedia devices to them. There are several connection options, each depending on the type of connectors located on the TV and receiver.
- Modern models are equipped with a standard connector HDMI — High Definition Multimedia Interface, which is necessary to obtain a high-quality signal (HD), as well as a clear and bright picture. How to connect a TV to a cinema in this way? By means of a special cord, and no additional devices are required. Simply insert the existing plug into the TV’s IN input and the receiver’s OUT output, and the system is fully connected.
- Earlier models do not have a standard HDMI connector, but use a different method to connect a home theater to a TV — interface Y Pb Pr, which is recognized as the second in signal quality. A feature of this connection is the presence of a coaxial cable, and three multi-colored plugs: green, blue and red. Each of them is inserted into similar colored jacks (RCA connectors) located on the signal source and receiver panels.
- European video devices are equipped with connectors SCART, which allows you to use the method of transmitting images and stereo sound in RGB (Red, Green, Blue). It is carried out by means of a specialized wire of the same name. This option, like the previous ones, is simple and affordable. It is enough to connect the output connectors of the source and the receiver of the video signal, and the system can be considered ready for viewing.
- Sometimes in fairly early video devices with S-Video (separate video) connectors, a low-quality analog video transmission format is used, which is broadcast in low resolution. Connecting the TV to the home theater in this case is carried out using the appropriate specialized S-Video cable, the ends of which are equipped with two Mini-DIN connectors that are inserted into the four-pin sockets on the video source panel and the TV.
- Video is considered the most primitive connection method. It is performed by means of the well-known RCA connectors located at the ends of the coaxial cable, which are inserted into the sockets of the source and receiver of the video signal.
If your TV is old — sell it and buy a new one, just follow our selection guidelines and hang the TV at the correct height.
Step 2. Connecting the receiver to the speakers
The next step in connecting a home theater to a TV is to connect speakers to a subwoofer and tuner. The number of speakers in the package is arbitrary, but usually the package includes one subwoofer and five speakers. They are divided into center, front and rear speakers. As a rule, a specific home theater connection scheme is used, which is indicated in the instructions.
Today, two methods are used to connect sound to a home video system:
- using standard cables.
This method is simple and versatile, as there is no need to lay wires that stretch all over the room, get tangled and interfere with free movement. You can get rid of this problem with the help of modern Wireless System equipment, which allows you to wirelessly broadcast an audio signal within a radius of 20-30 m.
The transmitter connects to a Blue-Ray or DVD player and transmits the signal to the theater receiver, from where the audio stream is sent to the speakers. In order to get rich TV sound through your home theater, the speakers must be positioned so that the signal is transmitted as cleanly as possible without interference. However, to connect a wireless cinema, you must purchase a TV with built-in receiving devices.
If your home theater comes with standard wired speakers, you should check that all of the listed components are included during the purchase process. The cords have signed multi-colored plugs of different polarity, which simplifies the connection procedure.
On the receiver, subwoofer and speakers, there are usually two types of connectors: threaded or push-on. As a rule, red means “plus” and black means “minus”.
The front speakers are connected to the jacks labeled FRONT, and the main speakers are connected to the terminal labeled CENTER. The rear speakers are connected to the jacks marked SURROUND. A subwoofer that reproduces low-frequency sounds (bass) is connected to the pin with the word SUBWOOFER.
If the purchaser is still having trouble installing, you can watch the following video:
According to the above information, everyone can choose the most attractive and easy way how to properly connect a home theater to a TV. It should only be taken into account that all procedures during the connection process must be carried out with the equipment turned off, observing all safety rules.