Even though Apple removed the audio jack from the iPhone 7, every smartphone still ships with headphones. They can do a lot more than you think.
In music and streaming applications
one. To play/pause a song from Apple Music or other streaming services (Spotify or Podcasts), press the center button once.
2. To skip to the next song, press the center button twice.
3. To return to the beginning of a song or the previous song, press the center button three times.
four. To fast-forward a song, double-click and hold the center button.
5. To rewind a track, press and hold the center button.
6. You can speak using the built-in microphone in the headphones.
7. To answer a call, press the center button once.
eight. To hang up, press again.
9. To turn off the ringer, press and hold the center button for two to three seconds.
ten. To answer a second incoming call and put the first call on hold, hold down the center button.
eleven. To switch between calls, press the center button once.
12. To end one call and switch to another, press and hold the center button for two seconds.
13. To ignore a second incoming call, hold the center button for two seconds, then release.
fourteen. To activate Siri, press and hold the center button.
For camera and other photo/video applications
fifteen. To take a photo, press any volume button.
That’s all your bundled headphones are capable of. The feature also works with many other Apple-certified models.
Thanks re:Store for helpful instructions.